Item 1: Goat Roast Date Change
- Goat roast has been changed to November 5th, and will be held at Russell’s house:
- 1350 Spring Valley Road (at the 4-way stop of Athena Road and Spring Valley)
- Still to-do:
- Create a list of things we need for the goat roast (-done, Shelly)
- Secure port-a-pot reservation
- Purchase goat-Ed has experience in the past
Item 2: Undergraduate outreach
- Away game watch party will be canceled. We will invite undergraduates to the Chili Cookoff instead.
Item 3: Websites
- UGA Anthropology website is indefinitely down, AGSO will fill in this gap by creating grad student and lab bios for webpage.
- Content of website should be more useful for students: have guest blogs about comps advice, links to grant resources, important requirements, etc.
- Shelly will create dropbox that people can fill with content for the AGSO website
- We need a page honoring Ashley and her research.
- Travis’s lab is making flyers for courses that will be offered next year to attract more students.
- We are now able to take between 40 and 45 hours of 8500 courses
- Possibly find a corkboard for AGSO in the department
- We need to work with faculty to facilitate ways to make it easier to know what courses are coming up, and ensure these courses are meeting the needs of contemporary anthropology.