Welcome back everyone! Here are our meeting notes from the first meeting of the Fall 2016 Semester, held at 9am on 09-12-2016.
- April Smith-President
- John Hallemeier-Vice President
- Edgar Alarcon -Treasurer
- Samm Holder-Student Mentor Program Coordinator
- Ashley Block-Anthropology Graduate Student Representative to GPSA
- Travis Jones-Student Faculty Representative
- Shelly Biesel-Secretary
Item 1: Budget
- $763 dollars.
- Money constraints.
- Guest speakers? We need to pay for their travel/hotel.
- Could we piggy back on a speaker that is already coming?
- Biological anthropologist at University of West Georgia?
- Decision to be made in the future.
Item 2: Event planning
- Location? Pete offered his location, suggested a pig roast.
- We need to talk to Pete about dates.
- Possible date October 8th.
- AGSO pays for the meat… but other stuff is donated.
- Things we need:
- Perfect potluck-way for people to sign up for things to bring- Ashley
- 4 Signs (florescent)
- Tables/chairs-Travis and Ed
- Firewood-April going to ask Pete.
- Big cooler + ice*
- Chili cookoff, towards the end of semester, on reading day before finals.
- Tentative date Tuesday, December 6th.
- April: We need to create an AGSO handbook
- How to renew AGSO’s charter/how to get money/officer roles, etc./formal outlines for grievance process.
- Jon: Grievance process-maybe we just need a process by which AGSO can represent student concerns to the faculty.
- Like having exit interviews.
- Survey/questionnaire reviewing the department
- Sam: Service component
- Educational component, having a career day where we go to a grade school and talk about anthropology.
- Or clean-up service-Keep Athens Beautiful?
- Shelly: Website-rehab.
- Travis: Master calendar for the department, Google calendar can be added to website.