AGSO Meeting: March 23, 2016 | 2:30 PM
Officers and Members Present:
- April Smith
- Carey Garland
- Katie Reinberger
- Jessie Dyer
- Kat Napora
- June Brawner
- Dan Read
- Email will be sent out calling for officer nominations
- We will then send out Survey Monkey for members to vote
- Officers will write blurb about their specific role in AGSO to help guide next years officers.
- $264.41 left over
- How to spend it?
- New printer being paid for by the department; however, we will have to pay for ink, toner and so forth.
- Jessie will get office supplies for computer lab
- Other ideas? Individual printers for offices? Send out email to ask AGSO members
End of Year Party
- May collaborate with undergraduate organization for an end of year party
- Discussed ideas about dates and location: Don’t want to conflict with ICON’s party. Weekend before finals may be the best date – April 29th or 30th.
- Dan is willing to host it at his house again
- Another idea is having it at a restaurant
Leave of Absence
- Everyone seems willing to help (i.e. Susan, graduate school, and so forth). Basically told not to worry; they wont hold us to the three semester leave of absence in case of an emergency.
- One issue is that one may have to pay student loans during leave of absences since they will not be a registered student and deferment will end. One solution is to take out a small loan and register for 6 credit hours.
- June is putting together a document for Susan – i.e. what other schools are doing, what the grad school has to say about the matter, where we stand, etc.