AGSO Meeting: August 19, 2015; 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Daniel Read
- Kat Napora
- April Smith
- Brent Vickers
- Carey Garland
Topics Discussed: Events, Dates, and Money/Budget
- First topic of discussion – Uddi will not be with us this fall, so we need to elect a new treasurer. We will call at Graduate Proseminar this Friday for nominees and take a vote.
- Chili Cookout/Winter Party – Winner will be reimbursed for their food, roughly $15. Need to figure out date and location
- Mentor Meet and Greet End of Year Party – Generally led by undergraduate organization. Email will be sent out by Kat
- Partnering with Emory for Proposal Workshop – Need to figure out date; no cost
- Goat Roast – Russ has agreed to host the Annual Goat Roast. We will pay for the meat, allocating approximately $150
- Guest Speakers – Rebecca Zargar and Tom Pluckhahn from The University of South Florida. Approximate cost – $800+. Will discuss with Dr. Tanner on a possible Proseminar date to have the guest speakers. Most likely will be after September once the budget has been submitted.
- End of year party. Food will be paid for by leftover budget money. Make sure an email gets out to professors this time
- Supplies – Possible buy cheap printers for each lab that does not already have one.
- Travel Funding – Last year was too little money for too much work. This year we will hold a raffle in which two winners will receive $100 for travel funds
- Possibly help pay for student conference registrations or publication fees
- Grad school stress relief! April may lead a knitting or crafting group every other week. This will not cost any Money
- Student Trip to the Georgia Aquarium. Brent has sent out an email to the list serve. Students pay for this, not AGSO.
- Suggest Budget: Last year $2100, this year $1500 (had too much left over last year).
- $15 for chili cookout
- $150 for Goat Roast
- $800 + for guest speakers
- $200 Travel Funding
- Left over budget money – Supplies, conference/publication fees, and end of year party.