- Francesca Judd
- April Dobbs
- Amanda Sutton
- Robin Reid
- Russ Cutts
- Jacob Weger
- Jessie Dryer
- Dan Read
- John Hallemeier
- Emily Horton
- Uddipana Kalita
- Walker Depuy
- Goat Roast:
- Band – maybe just have 1 band next year
- No theme – this was part of this problem for this year, may need to think of a theme for next year, another purpose.
- Naming Alternatives: Anthrofest, Roast Beast and Home Brew Shindig, Chili cook-off and home brew competition?
- Funds: $167, after $150 payed to band
- $12 to Dan
- $25 for Beer
- $77 to Russ for other things
- $70 left – contribute to party planning, travel funds, etc?
- $400 for food in our budget, should have asked everyone to keep receipts to get re-reimbursed or food.
- Will put funds towards travel budget
* Southern Anthropological Society:
- Founded here at UGA 50 years ago.
- 50th Anniversary Conference is at the GA center April 9 – 11th 2015, Student Cost for attendance is $70
- Susan Tanner is a co-chair
- Students could participate by:
- Submitting abstracts
- Form Panels
- Gathering information about Athens for participants, local business discounts
- Volunteers for working at conference.
- Selling t-shirts/tote bags
- Sort through abstract submissions
- Selling T-shirts or Tote Bags
- Logo: use what we have or make a competition – Call for submissions through AGSO
- International organization that promotes public speaking, teaching setting, usually fairly structured, Jessie thinks we should do this here to learn how to become better public speakers
- Every two or three week meeting
- We would have to apply to be a chapter – fee of $195, every week they send you a prompt and tell you want you will be judged on.
- Jessie will send out an e-mail to gauge interest
* Guest Speaker
- Submit suggestions to Francesca
- Deadline for nominations: After Thanksgiving, end of thanksgiving break
* Media Outreach
- Jen Demoss,
- Creating an interactive map on the website to see where people do research
- Linking to our wider UGA alumni network
- Creating space for people to link to things they are reading
- Space to promote upcoming events/deadlines
- Main point: revamping the website, setting up facebook page DO before acceptances go out
- Form committee & stay in communication with AGSO officers
- Getting up a decent website is the most important
- Send receipts for reimbursement
- Use $77 of cash for Russ for meat
- Use food budget for snacks to meetings or provide food for speakers
- Calendars with student travel photos
* Mentor Program:
- No updates
- Grad school panel.
- The main point is to do 1 on 1s
- No updates
- New department chair search, be prepared that there may be ramifications on how easy it is to get money (TAships)
* Holiday Party
- On Reading Day, basically the only day where people are still here – Wednesday, December 10th
- Two options:
- Jen & Stefan’s house
- Treppin house – had chili cookoff there, internal vote? Double check to see if would still be free
- More chili will be brought if we host it at someone’s house instead of at a bar
- Others have said that they would prefer to have parties hosted by AGSO at grad students houses/not at faculty homes because it is less formal.
- Maybe reward winner with a reimbursement for their chili IF they keep receipts.
- Picnic at beginning of the year?