- Jacob Weger
- Francesca Judd
- April Smith
- Dan Read
- Amanda Sutton
- Robin Reid
* Budget proposal: $2475 requested
- Administrative costs: $75
- Printing and Copying: $250
- Publications for open access: $650
- Guest Speakers: $800
- Student Travel: $200
- Rentals: $100
- Other (including food): $400
* Fund Raising Ideas:
- Charge $5 at the door for the goat roast, pay someone to play music, advertise to other departments
- Make t-shirts or bags
- Account – if we fundraise, we would need to get a bank account; non profit? Personal?
* Guest Speaker:
- Potentially nominate someone to organize a speaker.
- June’s suggestion: The Jewelry Fund – invite an expert on some form of local knowledge on disappearing skills (foraging, flintknapping, etc.) June and Dr. Nazarea would like us to help nominate someone.
- October 26th, – 6:00pm – Forensic Anthropology Workshop with Dr. Reitsema
* Major Goals:
- Goat roast –bigger, more official, etc.
- Update AGSO Website – revamp the website, make it more of a useful resource.
- Blog or forum people can post links to
- Adding lab groups and bios based on lab groups
- Page of links to various anthropology blogs
- Alumni pages, publications – what are they doing now?
- Committees – solicit help for updating the website
- Guest speakers
- Grants & TAship alternatives. – potentially add to the website
- Make meetings more like a party
- 1st meeting – October 2nd, Tuesday at 5:30 at Little Kings
- ~1 month before the Goat Roast
- Introduction at Proseminar: September 12