1. Holiday Party
2. Budget – Money
3. Victoria’s gone – new president?
5. Student-Faculty liaison?
1) Holiday party
- Michael will send out invites
- We will take responsibility assisting with set-up, cleanup.
– We have 20% (not 25%) to spend on food.
– Goat will be covered as “educational materials.”
– So, we have $160 left over for food (hopefully).
– We will give $80 for holiday party food.
3) What to do about new president?
- Any obligation to replace president? What is that process?
- Next semester: regular meetings (both execs and caucus meetings), with agendas
- Contact CSO about procedure for replacing president half-way through year. Michael will contact.
- Danielle is on Student Fee committee – hoping to file a report this year about grad student fees. UGA makes $36 million from ‘special institution fee’.
- Because of Danielle, anthropology has a strong presence at GSA right now!
- We need to show support at meeting in the spring when Pres. Morehead will be there.
- If anybody has concerns about grad student experience, should tell Danielle and she will bring those up to GSA.
5) Student-Faculty Rep position
- Franchesca’s role will become more active – speaking up for AGSO, grad student body. A neutral, ombudsman-like role.
- We will write a letter to the faculty describing this role. Franchesca and Danielle will get together to write letter next week.
Next officer meeting: Friday, January 10 at 2:00 pm.