AGSO Meeting Minutes 1-11-13
Dean Hardy, President
Jen DeMoss, Vice-President
Jillian Sico, Secretary
Danielle Jensen-Ryan, Faculty Rep
Frachesca Judd, GSA Rep
1. Cost of living survey Report to Faculty
– If you want to provide comments, write it down and give to Dean
– need to mention:
a – salary has not increased with cost of living
– can give presentation to others; provide model to other departments
– should sit down with faculty before faculty meeting?
– LaBau, Bram and/or Ted
– institutional fee
– can´t really argue against it, but can state that it is unfair
– they are awesome; standardize them
2. Mentoring Program
– what is the time commitment?
– it varies, depends on participant
– can be research based; this can be more time-intensive
– meetings may be only once a month
– when is the next meeting?
– early February(ish), after we get applications in
– will send out to AGSO
– mentor program coordinator – proposed amendment to AGSO constitution
– need to get 2/3 support
– Dean will send out an email to AGSO
3. Ed Carr is coming
– grad students to meet with him?
– Julie may have a lab meeting with him
– Jen will take care of paperwork; Jess taking care of communication
– schedule of 30 minute blocks
– might be other funding sources on campus if total will be more than $500